Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday training toss + lunch



On our way to dad's house, I asked Christine to park the car at SM Southmall so I can let the pigeons off for a training toss. This is their 2nd training and I am still quite nervous no matter how amazing they performed the last time. There were 8 pigeons this time compared to last which was only 6. The 2 newbies were, Snow (my favorite and first born pidgey of the coop) and another young bird (suggestions for a name are welcome. just leave it in the comments section). We got to SM Southmall West Parking lot and looked for a good space and at exactly 1035AM, I opened the cage and off they went.

The pidgeys flew all together except 1 bird. It was Snow. She was the very last to come out of the cage and after she flew opposite direction from the rest. I clearly saw her flying over the parking lot alone while the other 7 pigeons were already heading home. This awful feeling consumed me and became instantly worried that she might get lost. I went back inside the car and in a few minutes later, I called home to check if the pigeons are already back. According to Gelyn, the 7 pigeons just arrived. The time, 1041AM. I asked right away if Snow is with the group.

Negative. No where in sight.

I became more worried and grew quiet, thinking what if Snow gets lost and never to return.




Along SLEX Sucat service road. We dropped by at Dolor's Kakanin to pick up some sweets for lunch. Dad will be really pleased since he is a big fan of kakanin like sapin sapin and pitchi pitchi. I remember the first time I had tasted Dolor's Kakanin was about 2 years ago when I was invited to a party in Malabon. It was after Ela's medical board exam and we all came for a little celebration. There were a lot of Malabon delicacies like the famous Pancit Malabon and of course these kakanin. After that wonderful experience, I have immediately become a fan.




We had a very nice lunch. Dad served us crispy pata and sea food. Too bad, I was unable to take some photos because my hands were kind of greasy. Maybe next time.

After lunch, I watched a little bit of TV and thinking about Snow. Been calling every hour since this morning to check if she has returned, but to no avail, still out of sight. I got tired thinking and decided to take a nap to keep my mind off what happened. At around 4PM. Gelyn texted me telling that Snow had finally arrived and safe inside the loft. I was very happy and told everyone of the news.

This is Snow. My favorite pidgey!

0 comments:

 

Blogabulousity Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template