Friday, September 12, 2008

Quiapo and The Fortune Teller



If I remember it right, it's been over a year now that me and my friends have been planning a trip to a fortune teller. But for some reason, it gets cancelled at the very last minute. Could it be fate? or just plain laziness?

This morning, after my BodyPump class at the gym. I decided to send Marybogs a text message if her "suki" fortune teller will be in Quiapo. She replied with "Go ka na! andoon yun for sure".

I didn't waste any time and immediately took a shower, left the gym and head out for the parking to leave my stuff in the car. Again, I have to take the bus going there since I know its going to be painfully traffic in that area. Know why? Black Nazarene Friday. Yes, there will be a lot of people hearing mass. Besides, where will I park the car? I don't want to end up with a parking ticket or worst, a scratch or dent. NOT nice.

I boarded my favorite and best friend when trips like this occurs. Special shout out to WLLH Transit.

The ride from SM Southmall took a little longer than expected. There was heavy traffic at the intersection of Casimiro/Cecilles and Zapote-Alabang road. Seeing it, there was only one thing to do - take a nap and be detached of what is happening around me. I woke up when the bus made a turn at the corner of Buendia and Manila Blvd. Minutes before we reached Buendia and Taft. A group of students got off the bus. There were three of them, all boys and ohhh so thug-like. I noticed that one of the boy was murmuring obscenities to the ticket conductor. Soon as he got off the bus. He started yelling at the ticket conductor and driver. He was obviously very pissed. Too bad I didn't know what happened back there during the ride. I was asleep and have probably missed some drama. The kid had a rock on his hand and was screaming at the top of his lungs. He tried to aim the rock at the driver and the passengers started to panic. There is actually a fight going on and I am seated at the very front of the show! The bus driver stood up and went out of the bus. The kids started to gang up on him and the bus conductor came in to the rescue. There was about a minute or less of fist fight until the MMDA guys came to break up the fight. The kids ran towards Taft avenue and fled the scene. The authorities couldn't do anything but motion to the driver that he move on because traffic was slowly building up. The driver listened to the MMDA guys and just drove away. Looking at his facial expression, he was really pissed. Too bad he couldn't do anything but leave.

I got off the bus and took the LRT to Carriedo station.

There was quite a crowd from the Carriedo to Quiapo church. The usual street vendors selling pirated DVDs, rubber thongs and clothes. I reached the side of the church and looked for Dunkin Donuts. According to Marybogs, this is usually where Aling Becky sits and wait for customers. Soon as I reached the area where there are a lot of fortune tellers. I asked a lady selling assorted herbs, amulets and potions if she knows this fortune teller called Aling Becky. She pointed towards the direction of a portly woman wearing red. I thanked her and moved towards aling Becky. When I got there, aling Becky was reading cards to to a female customer. I just stood there and waited out for her to finish. While waiting, I was texting my bebe that I am already in Quiapo waiting for my turn with the fortune teller. Truth be told, he is not into this mumbo jumbo deal and rather do something else which kind of irritated me. Let alone that it's been a week since I last saw him and this is a good time where we can spend some time together. But, he rather not.

I was pissed.

Finally my turn, I asked the fortune teller is she is indeed aling Becky. She looked at me and asked me who had sent me. I told her it was my friend Marybogs. Her face lit up and asked me to sit down. We exchanged a few pleasantries and then the unthinkable happened.

She asked me if I was pissed at someone and if that someone was asking me to go somewhere.

My jaw dropped to the floor and can only nod in agreement.
How can she know that?
Hmmm..... freaky.

She asked me to cut the cards after and a series of "revelations" known only to me was asked by her. Again, all I can do was nod. Aling Becky was really good. No, she is amazing. She read me like a book with 90% accuracy. I was really impressed. This fortune teller trip was really something, I came to ask a few things and she told me more than I ever came for. It was all good.

I slipped a P100 bill into her hand and thanked her.
She smiled at me and told me to come back.
Definitely, I will.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nyahahaha! I see my "suki" fortuneteller Aling Bining in the picture! Well, accurate or not, it's fun to go for a few laughs... take her reading with a grain of salt....

 

Blogabulousity Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template