Monday, March 9, 2009

Food: nowhere to run



If there are things in this world that you can not live without, it certainly is FOOD. hands down.
I've been trying to watch what I eat for the past year. Counting calories and reading the nutrition info at the back of almost all food packages just to check how "healthy" the food I am about to gobble up. There are times also that I lock myself up in the room so I can pretend that i am asleep and no one will bother me to eat. I have dodged a lot of dining invites too in the past because I just find it horrifying to eat a lot and not be able to say no. The list of reasons go on and on.

Earlier this afternoon after waking up from my nap. Mom told me that we are going to eat out again. Hah! what's new about that? we practically eat out 4x in a week. I miss our china and flatware for they have not been taken out for quite some time.

Yeah, eating out is fine. But where will you go if most of the establishments that you go out to know you by first name!? It's like an extension of our dining table and the friendly wait-staff are like family. Not that it's bad but it can get quite BORRRRRRRing after a while. So we decided to go to this place nearby that we have not visited yet, Rib City.

At first, I was bracing myself for a crappy meal but low and behold! it was actually good!

I had beef strips cut thinly with homemade coleslaw, bbq beans and bread. Mom on the other hand, had shrimp salad. We also had fries covered in 3 kind of cheeses for appetizers. Not bad at all huh? Plus! the dressing that goes with it is a knock out! Spicy Ranch dressing. I even asked our server how did they prepare it. She was clueless but we do both agreed that it's really good stuff and she enjoyed it too.

SO here are some photos for you to look at. Snap Snap Snap!




0 comments:

 

Blogabulousity Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template