Friday, August 15, 2008

Honest to goodness comfort food


Most foodies will agree with me when I say that this dish ranks among
one of the top comfort food of all time.

I was walking somewhere in Claro M. Recto street in the heart of old
Manila when these little suckers beckons me from this hole in a wall
joint. I knew right along the variety of food they were serving. The
usual Beef Wonton Mami and Siopao Asado. Since I didn't have anything
to eat for breakfast when I left home, its just fitting that I try and
order the classics.

I ordered a big bowl of Beef Wonton Mami for P75.00 (US$1.65), large
Siopao Asado for P45.00(US$1) and a small orange soda for P15.00 (US
$0.35) Total: P135.00 (US$3.00) of pure bliss.

The serving was bigger than usual (mall standards) which was great!
The taste? oh boy, definitely better than food court fare

The verdict? filling and I will definitely be back!

0 comments:

 

Blogabulousity Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template