Thursday, October 9, 2008

6 train rush-hour EEEKKK scene


Have you ever thought of how filthy those handles that you hang on to inside trains and subways? what about those escalator hand rails and public toilet door latch. Yes folks, the list can go on and on. It simply is, FILTHY. like as in EEKKK (all caps)

I had an unfortunate experience before when I was on my way to work while taking a subway. The train car was pretty stuffed with other zombie commuters on a rush hour trying to be at work before the bell rings. Once inside, the first thing on my mind is to get to a spot where I don't get squished by other passengers getting on the next station. Finally found a safe spot which was quite spacious considering it's a rush hour. Why is that? there was this guy in a suit standing and looking out of the window staring blankly into I don't know.  I stood right next to him and I was about to hang on to the handrail. This man started picking his nose and didn't even bother using a tissue to wipe the booger off his finger. Instead, he gently ran his finger on to the handrail as if it was a normal thing to do.

My blood turned white!

It was really gross and I wanted to scream. No wonder the spot we were standing on was quite "free" in spite of the usual rush-hour mob scene. One lady looked up to me as if she wanted to say: move away quickly!. By looking into her eye and reading her body language. It was clear to me that she is also grossed out by that man in a gray suit. Soon as I got my bearing back, I moved a little further away from that man and spread my legs a little wider than usual trying to balance myself while clutching my tote from knocking myself down on the subway floor.

As I finally found my equilibrium, I glanced back at the man, still staring blankly to the window. Again, he repeated this gross act again and inserted his finger back into his nostrils! I swear to God that he's got to have rhinotillexomania! I just stopped looking and pretended that I am not in his presence.

Ever since that incident, I have been wary of touching surfaces like escalator handrails or bathroom door latches. Can you just imagine what goes on to the surface? Flicked or what have you by gross and bored individuals with nothing else to do. I swear, despite the fact that nose-picking is a very common habit but finds less acceptance than audible farting. You will see it everywhere! and often times, people are totally oblivious to what they are doing. Like they were in a trance. Slowly working their fingers or objects inside their nostrils with the aim of removing a piece of dried nasal truffle.

Oh, by the way, if you want to go booger hunting and see where these little critters end up after being "excavated" by their miners? try to check out underneath a table, chair or any other furniture! sometimes even on elevator doors. You will be surprised :)

0 comments:

 

Blogabulousity Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template